Shipping

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I feel like I learn something new, something I should have already known every time I order a book. I love learning something new, but I hate feeling like I did not do my kids justice by finding the best deal or just being had. I have used several vendors and I just thought I would share a few things that I have found out about the two of them.

1. Mackin: Other than my sales lady always "stepping out to enjoy the sunshine" and stuff like that I really like this company (which I do not mind, but when she says that May 25 and I am stuck in school and need an invoice ASAP, I get a little testy). They process everything for FREE and shipping is FREE. Two things that can really save money and get your library more books! (www.mackin.com)

2. National Geographic School Publishing: I love their materials. I put a HUGE order in for our high school. They were super nice. However, they charge 12% for shipping. WHAT?! I realize that we are shipping books here, but are they getting the insurance on the package or something. I am not sure exactly what the rates are for larger boxes of books, but the post office offers media mail now. I can ship one book across the country for less than $2.00. (or maybe $3.00). Needless to say, we canceled the order. (http://www.ngsp.com/)

0 comments: